Department of Biomedical Engineering Proudly announces that Batch of 2017 and 2018 from B.Sc. Biomedical Engineering is now accredited with level II.
Level II accreditation is provided to that program that complies with Outcome-Based Education (OBE).
What does it mean by accreditation?
Accreditation is a process of quality assurance and improvement, whereby a program/degree in an approved Institution is critically appraised to verify that the Institution or the degree continues to meet the standards. It is a kind of recognition that indicates that a program or Institution fulfills certain merits.
Level II accreditation of engineering degrees is a culmination of the ‘Washington Accord’, which obligated its signatories to incorporate the OBE in their graduate programs.
Why accreditation under the Washington accord?
The Washington Accord recognizes that there is a substantial equivalence of programs accredited by those signatories. Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) is working as the signatory body to provide international accreditation.
Thus, this accord promotes the effective mutual recognition of accredited Engineering Degree courses in each of the signatory countries.
Significance of accreditation:
Level II accredited batches (includes 2017 and 2018 sessions) will have these perks:
- Their professional degree will be considered equivalent to other engineering degrees in developed countries including, but not limited to, the UK, USA, Australia, and Canada.
- They can start engineering practice in the above-mentioned countries without taking any further equivalence examination.
- they will be eligible for Australian ‘Skilled-Recognized Graduate Visa 476’
- In the nutshell, Students will face fewer problems while moving to any of the above-mentioned countries.
Most importantly, employers value the degrees of an accredited program the most. Some implicit advantages of level II accreditation are given below,
- Accreditation Encourages quality improvement initiatives
- It Improves student enrollment both in terms of quality and quantity.
- Enhances employability of graduates.
- Facilitates trans-national recognition of degrees and mobility of graduates.
- Motivates faculty to participate actively in academic and related Institutional/departmental activities.
Department of Biomedical Engineering acknowledges the dedication, hard work, and commitment of its faculty and staff in accomplishing this goal.